Day 202
When me and my siblings were young kids living in Orem, Utah we used to act out The Nativity for our family on Christmas Eve.
There was one year when we told the story and Dad recorded it on an audio tape. Years later the family listened to the tape and found it very sweet and funny! I was the narrator and Josh played the innkeeper. You could hear someone knocking (to represent the sound of Joseph knocking on the door of an inn). Josh would say “no” in a very direct voice when asked if there was any room in the inn. Then with the last inn, Josh said (in such a cute, authoritative voice) “No, you can stay in the stable!” And then I sang “We Three Kings” and at one point I sing the line “we bringing gifts we traveled afar.” Cute, huh?
Apparently we had to do this a couple of times, because on the tape we had a couple of versions, and on the last one I was quite annoyed. I got very snappy and when I told about the three wise men coming to the stable I said they “brought gold, frankincense and MYRRH!”
But the highlight on the tape was when Josh, Jaimee and I sang “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” - at one point Jaimee complains that Josh is singing too loud! Just thinking about this makes me smile!
Then there was the year when we acted out The Nativity and Jaimee was Mary and decided to take one of her baby dolls and tuck it under her skirt. When it was time for Mary to deliver the baby Jesus Jaimee promptly pretended to go into labor, complete with groans and moans and “pushed” the baby out of her skirt! Man, I wish we would have gotten that on camera!

MYRRH!
ReplyDeleteThat totally made me crack up!
Is it silly that I got all giddy when I saw the title of your post on my blog list?!?! Like I said before, I love your sibling revelry posts. I was telling Matteah the story of Jesus' birth and was remembering the tape of us... I can hear you getting annoyed and Josh's line, "You can stay at the stay-bow!" I love that tape- so glad mom and dad decided to do that! Love you!
ReplyDelete