May reminds me of many things, one of which is the last day of school, leading up to the ultimate last day of school - Graduation! And as a tribute to this special moment, I will be doing a post of each of my sibling’s high school graduation, starting with my youngest brother Jordan.
Jordan’s graduation day was Thursday May 25th 2000 (11 years ago today!!). He graduated from Liberty High School here in Colorado Springs (the only sibling to have graduated from this school, while me, Josh and Jaimee graduated from Greeley Central High School), and his graduation ceremony was at the Air Force Academy! Wow! I was jealous, as my graduation ceremony took place on the football field of Greeley Central - how boring! But more on that in a future post!
Anyway, I read over my journal entry about this day to be reminded of how the day went. It was a great day and the ceremony was poised and professional. Me and my family cheered like crazy for Jordan when he received his diploma. Jordan was very supportive of his class, clapping for every student as they received their diploma. I mentioned in my journal entry how Jordan really lived up to his title, voted as “Most Friendly” in the Class of 2000! At the end of the ceremony all of the students did the traditional tassel turn, moving it from one side of their cap to the other (something about moving in a new direction…blah blah blah). But the students weren’t allowed to throw their caps in the air (something about the safety of the students, because apparently there had been a lot of fatal cap-related accidents in the past…blah blah blah). I wrote in my journal how this made the ending seem anti-climatic. “Welcome to real life.” How pessimistic, huh?
Jordan with his diploma
We had a graduation party at our house after the ceremony, with balloons and ice cream cake. Jordan ended up being the last to arrive for the party and the first to leave, as he had other parties to attend that day. I was so proud of Jordan, overwhelmed at seeing him mature so quickly. I almost felt like a parent, watching his child take a large step away from childhood/adolescence and into the adult world!
Congratulations to the Class Of 2000!!




I cannot believe it has been that long ago that our baby brother graduated. Sigh ... we're all getting so old! :)
ReplyDelete