It's time for another “shuffle” of my songs on my iPod, so let’s find out what comes up today:
“All This Love” by DeBarge
*I remember this soft, R & B tune from the mid ‘80s. It was kind of a sad love song, and even though I had no frame of reference I could still appreciate the emotion behind the song.
“Dress You Up” by Madonna
*I like a lot of Madonna’s music, although I think I am more partial to her earlier hits, specifically from the ‘80s and ‘90s. This song reminds me of the good ol’ days in the ‘80s, good memories of my childhood, when I was beginning to discover and thrive on music!
“Love Hangover” by Diana Ross
OK, OK, I will concede to the fact that most disco music sucks! I can appreciate that! There are some disco tunes that just irritate the crap out of me (I won’t mention them here - don’t want to get those tunes stuck in my head!) But I must admit that there are some songs from the disco era that I can’t help but like, and this is one of them. Call it a guilty pleasure!
“Shadows In The Moonlight” by Anne Murray
And speaking of guilty pleasures, I had to have this song on my iPod because it was my Senior High Prom theme! Still don’t know why this song was chosen; it was an “oldie” even back in ‘92. But it brings back fond memories of the prom.
“Get It On Tonite” by Montell Jordan with LL Cool J

Well, here’s a song from the ‘90s. I’ll admit that this is probably not the most appropriate of songs to listen to, but I can’t help liking it.





This is a first for me in that I cannot hum along to any of these off the top of my head. I'll have to youtube them and see if I remember them.
ReplyDelete