I’m down to my last 5 days for this blog post challenge, and I am thrilled!! In commemoration of this milestone I would like to do Five different Top 5 lists today:
Top 5 Current Favorite TV Shows
5. Glee - Despite a mixed-bag season (call it The Sophomore Slump), I still like this show, although now it is more for the music than anything else. It’s always cool to find out what songs will be performed next. Will it be a current hit or a classic from the past?
4. The Big Bang Theory - My dad has got excellent taste when it comes to finding comedies to watch on TV. I’ve just recently begun to watch this show and I think it is so funny! Jim Parsons, in particular, is a riot to watch. He deserved his Emmy win last fall!
3. Red Eye - I’ve been watching this late night show on Fox News for over a year now, which airs Five times a week. I have to DVR it (because it airs at 1 am), but I never miss a show. Greg Gutfeld, the host, is great fun to watch, and the guest panelists are from different political backgrounds/careers and provide lively debate and conversation!
2. The Middle - Once again, my dad is the reason I am hooked on this uproarious family comedy. Patricia Heaton is excellent as the harried, hardworking mom, with a husband and 3 very distinctive/unique kids. The house is always a mess, the kids are always a hassle and they are always struggling to make ends meet. Just a regular family!
1. Modern Family - My favorite, favorite show on TV (so much so that I bought the 1st season on DVD) is this hilarious comedy with one of the most talented casts I’ve ever seen. Everyone on this show is brilliant! The recent season finale was a classic, as it managed to reference past episodes in very clever ways!
Top 5 Songs Recently Downloaded On My iPod
5. “I See The Light” by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi (from the Tangled soundtrack). Loved the movie, and I really loved this beautiful song!
4. “Spiders And Snakes” by Jim Stafford. This is good “oldie” from the ‘70s.
3. “Partyman” by Prince (from the Batman soundtrack) I thought the movie was OK, but this song was a particular favorite!
2. “Don’t Look Down” by Jennifer Hudson. I heard her perform this song on Dancing With The Stars and loved it!
1. “Don’t Turn Out The Lights” by NKOTBSB. Another performance from DWTS led me to downloading this catchy, pop tune!
Top 5 Current Favorite Snacks
5. Twizzler Bites - I love licorice, but it’s even better bite-sized!
4. Nestle Crunch Bars - Love chocolate, and the krispies are a plus!
3. Ritz Chips - These toasted chips are supposed to be better for you, but I just love it for the flavor!
2. Reese’s Minis - So addicting! I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and these bite-sized cups are so delicious and always fresh!
1. Blue Bell Ice Cream (Homemade Vanilla) - This is the best store-bought ice cream I have ever had, because this flavor tastes exactly like the homemade ice cream I used to have as a kid!
Top 5 Pet Peeves
5. Writer’s block! Whether it is trying to come up with an idea for a blog post or just trying to write in my journal, every now and then I will come up with a blank in my head. No words. No ideas. Nothing. Nada. Nil. Zilch. Zip. And then I have to resort to making a…oh, I don’t know…a list, like um, this one…heh.
4. Losing my train of thought. I was going to go somewhere with this but then my mental train jumped the track. Hmm, I think it had something to do with trains or traveling.
3. People who don’t know how to signal on the road. Hello? You know that little do-hickey by the steering wheel? Yeah, that little stick-thing? That’s for signaling when you are turning left or right, so that drivers behind you will know what direction you are taking next. It is very convenient for those of us who can’t read minds and don’t know every move you will be taking next…you know, EVERYBODY!!
2. TV shows that go over on the allotted time, which causes the last few minutes of a show not to be recorded on DVR. It annoys the heck out of me whenever this happens. And it’s not just TV shows. I recently recorded a classic movie on TV that I hadn’t seen before. There was a long commercial at the beginning and then the movie began; unfortunately, because it started later the recording cut off the last few minutes! And this was a mystery movie!
1. People saying “I could care less.” Ugh!!! It drives me up the wall!! It is supposed to be “COULDN’T care less” otherwise if you say you could care less then that means there is room for discussion/debate. Get it right people or don’t say it at all!
Top 5 Blessings In My Life
5. My health
4. My job
3. My writing (journaling/blogging)
2. My family/friends
1. My life






Great column! And I totally agree with your Pet Peeve one except I don't have a DVR. But if I did, that would irritate me.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have got to get those Reese's now!