Dad, me, Josh and Josh's best man Craig -
There seems to be some sort of trend with facial hair.
Tomorrow is the 13th anniversary for Josh and Karen (way to go you two!!) and that has reminded me of the night before Josh and Karen’s big day, when Josh had his “bachelor party.” Now, let me just clarify that this was not THAT kind of a bachelor party (we’re all good, active LDS church members!), but it was a party of sorts and was quite fun. Here are excerpts from my journal entry from this date:
Friday May 1st 1998,
11:55 pm - In just a few hours the family will lose a son and gain a daughter. Dad and Mom will be able to bask in the glory of having a married child. It is very exciting!
…Jordan was feeling stressed out, in regards to Josh’s bachelor party. The situation was that Craig, Josh’s best man, had the responsibility to organize the bachelor party. However, Craig delegated his responsibility onto Jordan, making him call various places to try and set up an activity for tonight. Jordan did his part, and then some…
…We, meaning the “men”, would be going to a place called Laser Quest where we would play laser tag. I wasn’t sure about going, but went because I wanted to support Josh. At the place, I sort of copped a bad attitude, which was reflected in the first game…
…The supervisor, nicknamed Minx, singled me out and tried to help me improve my game. The guys hassled me and said she was flirting with me. Maybe? After all, she gave me a coupon…
…For a brief moment I was sad, looking at Josh in a brand new light. He’s truly a grown up now. I am the child!
Looking back on this night I remember that it was actually a lot of fun, even though I was a lousy shot. My codename was “Bullseye” - such a wrong choice for me! My original chosen codename was “Killjoy”, but Laser Quest wouldn’t let us use words like “kill” in our codename. Can’t imagine why…
I need to elaborate on “Minx” - she was this very attractive young woman working at Laser Quest. During the second round, she came up to me and started talking, and then she offered to show me how to hold the laser gun. She did stand behind me and held my arms and positioned me and…what a minute! I think she was flirting with me! How could I be so clueless! And this was the coupon she gave me:
Final observation: Josh, Jordan, myself and Josh’s two best friends Craig and Ryan were at this “bachelor party.” And presently I’m the only one from this group who isn’t married. So it wasn't my last night of bachelorhood.



She totally was flirting with you!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if she still works there ... maybe we can resolve that "last night of bachelorhood" thing for you yet! :)
ReplyDelete