Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cousins: “Case Reunion ‘94”

Day 314

Last week I posted on my blog about my cousins on my mom’s side of the family; now I would like to post about my cousins on my dad’s side of the family. And I have two great photos that were taken at the Case Family Reunion held in Nauvoo, Illinois in June of ‘94.

From left to right: Jenni Case, Jeremy, Denise Case, Darrin Case, Jaimee and Josh

Reunions can be dull or awkward or just plain fun, and this reunion was an absolute blast! This first photo was taken in one of the hotel rooms we were staying in during the reunion. I don’t know if this was my family’s or my cousin’s room, but in any event we were all gathered together, just kicking back and having fun. My cousin Denise is close in age to me (just a few months older) and growing up we had a lot of fun times together. I also had fun hanging out with her younger brother Darrin and her younger sister Jenni. They are 3 of the 6 kids belonging to my dad’s brother Lewis and his wife Shirley.

Me, Jaimee, Laurine Thompson (in the back), Nancy Thompson (in front),
Denise Case, Jenni Case, Josh and Darrin Case 

In addition to these cousins, at this reunion I was able to hang out with my cousins Laurine and Nancy (they are 2 of the 5 kids belonging to my dad’s sister Carol and her husband Dave). I’ve always loved hanging out with these two sweet sisters! And my sister Jaimee built a strong bond/friendship with Laurine and Nancy.
 
My cousins on my dad’s side of the family are all very remarkable, devoted, kind and tons of fun! I’m very blessed to know (and be related) to them!

1 comment:

  1. Wow do those pictures take me back. I remember hating those pink CASE shirts, but we rocked them hard as a massive group of CASEs !!!

    I loved that Focus On The Future t-shirt I'm wearing in the first pic. I remember wearing it everywhere that summer after I graduated high school.

    Thanks for such a fun post and memory!

    ReplyDelete