Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sibling Revelry: “On Deck”

Day 304

I am almost out of scanned photos of me and my siblings! But I’ve really enjoyed writing these particular posts; I like to see how me and my siblings looked as children, as teens, as young adults. The changes in our appearances have been very distinctive, very remarkable. We’ve all come a long way!


Anyway, this photo was taken on the deck of our home in Orem, Utah; look at how young we were! This had to have been taken when we first moved there (in ‘78). Just a fun, random photo opportunity.

I like how I am sitting oh-so-politely and pretending to be reading something important - I think it was a McDonald’s ad! Meanwhile, Josh and Jaimee both look like they are wondering what they are supposed to be doing - “are we supposed to be smiling, waving, standing next to each other? What’s our motivation?!

I loved this deck, riding my Hot Wheels around on it, sitting at the picnic table for outdoor meals, enjoying birthday party celebrations, or just enjoying the shade from the summer sun!

1 comment:

  1. Man that deck was AWESOME !!!

    I remember dropping Jaimee's barbie dolls down in front of the garage (it was especially great if dad was pulling the car in and you tossed the doll under a tire!)

    I remember riding our three-wheelers around in endless circles.

    I remember the parties we would have in the neighborhood and how we would light fireworks and toss them into the street.

    I remember how you could see into almost every neighbor's yard from that deck, which made it super easy to invite people over to play.

    I remember sitting on the deck when it was raining or whent he grass was being freshly cut and just soaking up the smell.

    So many good memories ... maybe I should have just blogged about it instead of writing this forever long comment! :)

    ReplyDelete