Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Remember…“Adventure People”

Day 310

One of my favorite types of toys I played with as a kid were the Fisher-Price Adventure People. They were similar to Star Wars and G.I. Joe action figures, although they didn’t have weapons like cross bows or light sabers! But they were still very cool!

Sorry it isn't a very large picture!


I remember that I had this awesome deep sea diver toy set. I loved playing with the deep sea diver in the bathtub. Also included in this toy set was a treasure chest. I remember that I thought the treasure chest was cool and one time I took it with me when we went out to eat at the Sizzler. I remember that I accidentally left it at the restaurant and was not able to get it back. I was so bummed! I literally lost my treasure!!

Kinda cook, kinda creepy!

Also part of the deep sea diver set was this octopus! It was all rubbery and would get sticky when left out in the sun. The tentacles would stretch out and…come to think of it this was a really gross toy to have! Yuck! No wonder I hate seafood!


I had this “adventure person” - a dirt bike racer, I believe - and it went through tons of stunts (naturally!) This poor guy really got tortured and sadly, as a result of his inhumane treatment by me, his legs broke off! To remedy this, his legs were glued back on and then reinforced with masking tape. It worked, except that now this poor guy couldn’t sit down! Oh, the humanity!



I remember this action pack set very well, of this scuba-diving couple! I remember I would play with this in the bathtub as well - bath time used to be so much fun! As with these types of toys it was only a matter of time before I lost the various pieces.
 
 
Eventually, all that remained was the female scuba diver. She was used as an extra female with the G.I. Joe figures, since the only other female action figures I had were Scarlett (a “Joe”) and The Baroness (member of COBRA). The female scuba diver was made a “Joe”, because the good guys always had to outnumber the bad guys!

3 comments:

  1. I had Adventure People too! I had this cool jeep but unfortunately it made this horrible clicking sound when you pushed it. Now I'll have to go look these up on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I actually remember those toys. You must have been an awesome big brother and let me play with them sometimes. The octopus is the one that is easiest for me to remember playing with (probably because you didn't like it much).

    How fun ... and how ridiculous is it that toys nowadays aren't this basic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember these toys although I'll admit... I never knew they were called Adventure People. I just knew they were "Jeremy's Cool toys." :P

    ReplyDelete