Day 322
Previously, I did a post on my favorite sport - bowling. Note: I know that there are still some people who do not consider this activity a sport, but this is MY blog and I say it IS a sport!
Sorry, just had to put that out there! Well, it has actually been a long time since I was able to bowl, and then last week my brother Josh suggested that the family get together for a good ol’ fashioned bowling game. Cool!
Yesterday I was able to go bowling with Josh, Karen, Jaimee, Jordan, Erin, Matteah and Casey. My niece Myra was also there, but as a spectator (after all, she’s not even a year old yet!) We all met up at Harmony Bowl after 1 pm, which ended up being perfect time-wise, just before a big rush of people arrived. We gathered together at Lane #25; changed into our bowling shoes and set out the bowling balls we’d be using (most of us had our own bowling shoes and bowling balls - we take this sport very seriously!); and then it was time to bowl!!
The six adults were on one lane, with Matteah and Casey on the next lane (and they each took a turn to bowl on each frame). Even though all of us were a little out of practice with bowling, we got back into the roll of things and let the good times BOWL!
It dawned on me that this was the first activity I’ve participated in with all of my siblings in a long while, and I am so glad we had this experience together! I loved cheering on my family members, as we celebrated our strikes and spares together, consoled one another on the gutterballs and splits.
Matteah and Casey were so much fun to watch and they really got the hang of things. I foresee serious competition from them in the future! And even though she was too young to bowl, Myra was a delight the entire time, just having fun watching us bowl, never once acting fussy or unhappy!
After 10 frames Josh was the winner with a score of 149; I was in second place with a 142, then Jaimee took the 3rd spot with her score of 126! Jordan earned a 102, Erin earned a 95 and Karen earned a 77. Matteah and Casey had a total score of 70 - nice job, kids!! It was so much fun! I am grateful to Josh for arranging this activity (and paying for it - I did not expect that!! Darn him!!) I am grateful to Jaimee for having her camera so that pictures could be taken of this fun event! I am grateful to Jordan, Erin, Karen, Matteah, Casey and Myra for being there - they certainly proved true the adage “the more the merrier!”
Hopefully, this will become a regular activity and the rest of the family will be able to join in! What else can I say? I was “bowled over” with love for my family!!




We had so much fun! You seriously are such an awesome bowler- one of the most consistent I've ever seen. It is definitely a sport!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteAlthough your excessive use of puns was a bit of "bowl"-oney ... this WAS a fun event and reading about it afterward was a "bowl"-ast! :)
ReplyDelete