Friday, April 8, 2011

Cousins: “The Summer Babies”

Day 309

A new theme! And now I’ll have a few more posts for my blog, which means I just might be able to complete this 365 Day Challenge! Yay!

I was inspired to do a post about my cousins because one of my fellow bloggers is my awesome cousin Matt! And he recently posted a photo of all of us cousins at our grandparents’ house when we were really young. That got me thinking about doing posts about my cousins, so I went through all of the photo albums to find any ones with my cousins.

Matt, Kati Jo, and me - we're so cute!!

Today’s post is about me and my cousins Matt and Kati Jo; the three of us had the distinction of being born in the summer of ‘74. Matt was born on June 28th, I was born on July 10th and Kati was born on August 4th.

We also had the distinction of being born to the 3 daughters of the Anhder family. Matt’s mom, Kathy, is the eldest sibling, Margo (Kati Jo’s mom) is the second daughter and my mom, Julie, is the third.

There is an interesting back story to this mini “baby boom”: Mom was so thrilled about being pregnant for the first time and she was all set to tell her parents about it at Christmas, when all of the family was gathered together. However, she was in for a surprise at the family gathering, and in essence her thunder was stolen (not intentionally, mind you) by her two sisters, when they announced their pregnancies. Poor Mom!

Wait a minute!! Were we all switched at birth?!
Mom is holding Matt, Margo is holding me, and Kathy
is holding Kati Jo.

But the fact of the matter is that it was a wonderful celebration for my grandparents to have 3 new grandkids on the way in a matter of months! My mom and her sisters were all very happy for one another.

There’s another interesting tidbit: my original due date was on or around Matt’s birth date, while his original due date was around my birth date. So, Matt arrived early and I arrived late (go figure!) And I’ve been running late for things ever since then!

The Goring Gang!! One of my visits to my cousins' ranch.
I am on the far right, next to Josh. Nice tan, Jeremy!

It was a special treat to have two cousins so close in age to me and I have great memories of spending time with Matt and Kati Jo during my childhood. I remember staying with Kati Jo and her family for a nice long summer vacation and I had so much fun!

Jaimee, Jordan, me, Matt and Josh in Greeley!
Nice looking bunch, huh?!

As for Matt, he often came with his family to our house in Orem, Rigby and Greeley. More fun times!

So, this is my shout out to my cousins, “the summer babies”!
 Love you guys!! And Summer Birthdays Rule!!

4 comments:

  1. Late on saying this, but congrats on finishing another journal. You truly are an inspiration! I seriously loved this post. I always loved that picture of you three cousins sitting in the 'wrong' laps! Awesome post! I love you and am so grateful for you- thanks for coming over yesterday. I am so blessed for you in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, great pics and fun memories Jeremy! "Thunder stealing" with baby announcements is almost never intentional but it always kinda sucks.

    Oh yeah ... summer birthdays are just okay ... September birthdays rule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy
    I love all the picture you and Matt have found. I really miss those days. Yep I remember
    It well. Your sweet mom was all excited about her first child, Kathy had been waiting for years for a second child. When they both looked at me what could I say..Kati was my number 4.
    Thanks
    Aunt Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't look too happy sitting on your mom's lap!

    I remember when that last picture was taken! It doesn't seem that long ago at all.

    ReplyDelete