Day 159
One of the things I love about keeping a daily blog is that I can easily find ways to humiliate myself; either with silly journal entries, embarrassing photos, or with atrocious artwork! Today’s post is about more of my “art” - things I still have after all these years, safely hidden from view in a box that I have now decided to open and unleash, not unlike Pandora’s Box! Continue to read if you have a strong stomach…
In 5th grade I made this bookmark…um, I’m not really sure how to explain this. I think I was eating Rainbow Brite cereal at the time, which would explain the “rainbow theme” with this. My drawing skills are decent, but look at that cloud! It looks like it is throwing up multi-colored vomit!! And just what the heck is up with the sun? He looks like a Peeping Tom! And for some reason I drew a bluebird as if it were going to take a big dump on the pretty girl with the strange neck brace! Gross!!
During one summer I went to an Arts & Crafts class at school and we did a lot of different art projects. One of them involved ceramics, and it was fun molding clay and building various items. Just don’t ask me what this is?
I think it is supposed to be a small...vase(?)…your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea why I chose this acne/small pox glaze to use to paint it! It looks like skin disease!! Disgusting!!
During this class I was able to do art with rocks, which is how these items came about:
Now, the one on the left is supposed to be a lady bug, and I won’t be too critical of myself about this one - it looks OK. But right next to it is this bizarre collection of rocks with eyes that quite frankly scares the stones out of me! Freaky!!
In 6th grade my class learned how to weave potholders--AHEM!! I mean potholders as in POTS and PANS!! Remember, we were all about saying NO to drugs!! Anyway, I really enjoyed making these items. I just wish that I had used different colors, because I don’t think the yellow and green one looks good. At the time I made this I loved these two colors (consequently green is now my favorite color) which is why I used them. To be fair, the potholders are the least crappy of my arts and crafts.
Your "acne/small pox" glaze made me spit out my drink laughing!
ReplyDeleteOh I see the future posts here... the toothpick holder, the little potpourri house... you did so many things that were crafty in that ceramics class! And I don't think they were crappy at all! :P
ReplyDelete