Another cool invitation
On Saturday November 17th 2007 I attended my last Progressive Year End Event with Jordan and Erin; they were my guests, as Jordan had left Progressive earlier in the year to manage a family-owned Sears Hometown Store. Just like the previous year the theme for the event was CASINO NIGHT, and it was just as much fun this year!
Brilliant in blue!
After the buffet we made our way to the Casino Room to do some gambling. After practicing Black Jack at home with Dad the three of us decided to focus our attention on the Black Jack tables. At the first table we turned in our vouchers to get our chips. We told the dealer that we needed $2000 in chips each; later on we were chagrined to learn that our vouchers were only valid for $1000 in chips - whoops!! How embarrassing!! We just ripped ‘em off!!
Anyway, we played at one table for about an hour, where we had an overly talkative dealer, which prompted us to jump ship, so we went to another table and had another very talkative dealer; but he was endearing and helpful, so we stuck around for awhile. I really love playing Black Jack; for me, it’s just a fun little game and I don’t bother with strategy - I just play to have fun...really, I do! Don't you believe me?!
"Winner winner, chicken dinner!"
At 10 the three of us were back in the dining room, awaiting the big raffle drawing. None of us won anything, which was for the best since we sort of cheated when it came to the chips we received. It all worked out in the end!



No comments:
Post a Comment