On November 15th 2003 I attended my second Progressive Year End Event, and I was really excited about this one because the theme was something very close to my heart, something I am totally obsessed about (future blog post) -- The Academy Awards!!
But there was something even more special about this Year End Event: I’d be attending it with Josh, Karen and Jordan! After Jordan returned from his mission he also returned to his job at Progressive, so this year he was able to attend the event!
Anyway, we all sat together at the event, enjoying a great banquet. Josh, Karen and Jordan each looked very sharp and glamorous! The banquet hall was decorated with an assortment of movie posters of Best Picture Oscar Winners and I enjoyed seeing them and then quizzing myself about the other winners of the past years.
After the dinner there was another huge raffle ticket drawing and to my surprise my name got picked!! Two years in a row!! But this year I won a prize that I was genuinely happy about, a prize that wouldn’t conflict with my beliefs or that wouldn’t fit my needs - I won a $50 gift card to Best Buy!! A great gift for a movie fanatic. When I left my table to collect my prize I think I acted like I had actually won an Oscar! Anyway, I’m pretty certain I used the gift card to buy a couple of DVDs.
But winning the gift card wasn’t the highlight of this evening - this was:
Posing with my two handsome brothers, all of us together. The Case Brothers! We all look great and it was fun to be able to have this professional shot taken of us. This was a great way for me to remember this fun Night At The Oscars!



Awesome!! I love that picture of my brothers!! And I'm glad you won something you could use unlike the coffee maker the previous year! ;)
ReplyDeleteThose sound like a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete