Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Day 175

Happy Thanks-for-everything-I’m-truly-grateful-and-appreciative-and-blessed-Day!! Whew!! Let’s just stick with Happy Thanksgiving! Today I just want to post about some of the things for which I am most grateful and thankful (and include pictures of past Thanksgivings):

Thanksgiving 1995

* I am thankful to have a job. After spending months and months watching my savings account slowly, but steadily become depleted I was so relieved to be employed again and to see my account slowly, but steadily build back up. These are difficult times for everyone and even on the days when I’d rather stay in bed I remember how fortunate I am to have an income again! I am also thankful to be working back at Progressive, being around my old friends, my wonderful coaches and managers!

Thanksgiving 1996

* And what gets me to my job? My car! I am grateful for my car, ‘Tracey’. I’ll be doing a future post about my ‘97 Mercury Tracer, but for now I just want to say that I’m so lucky to have had this car for 14 years now and that she runs just as good as ever! I know so many people with car issues and I knock on wood whenever I hear their stories!

Thanksgiving 1997

* At the end of a long day at work, I like to relax and get caught up on all of the TV shows I’ve missed, which leads me to what I am also thankful for: the DVR. How in the world did we ever live without things like TiVo and DVR?! Then again, there was a time when I wondered how we lived without thinks like VCRs. I know this is a worldly thing to appreciate, but I do appreciate it just the same! It’s a TV junkie’s dream come true!!

Thanksgiving 1998

* On the subject of technology, I am grateful for the Internet and the ability to blog and to be on Facebook. I appreciate being able to read about the lives of friends and loved ones, whether on their own blogs or just on their daily posts on Facebook. And I love that I’ve been able to write my own blog and the encouragement I’ve received from friends and loved ones! I love the Internet (or is that the Webernet or the Interweb - inside joke!)

Thanksgiving 1999

* Speaking of inside jokes, I am thankful for humor, for daily moments of laughter. I have been blessed with being surrounded by people who make me laugh, who help me see the humor in things and have taught me how to be sarcastic and even a little snarky. And it helps when things are particularly tough in life! My family has a terrific sense of humor and there’s nothing quite like hearing them laugh - it is so contagious!!


Thanksgiving 2000

* Switching from humor to a more serious, spiritual note, I am grateful for my faith, for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am not a perfect person, not by a long shot, and I am always making mistakes and trying to repent and do better, only to screw up again and again. Without the Gospel in my life I’d probably just give up, or else I would be completely lost, without direction. I’d rely on my own instincts and ideas, and ultimately I’d betray myself because I myself don’t have the answers. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, grateful to live in a land that protects our freedom of religion, to worship as we choose!

Thanksgiving 2003

* Lastly, I am most thankful and grateful for my family. I am very fortunate to have all of my immediate family living here in Colorado Springs. I get to see my siblings on a regular basis, I get to play with and watch my nephews and nieces grow up. I am able to witness all of my family members various achievements and triumphs. I am able to see what an eternal family is all about; I love my family and am so blessed to have them in my life!
 
Thanksgiving 2004
 
Whatever you are thankful and grateful for today, I hope that you have a great day acknowledging, remembering and sharing the things you are grateful for -
 
Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post. I loved reading what you're thankful for and I especially loved the compilation of pictures you have from over the years. I am so grateful for you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your sis...

    I LOVED this blog as well. I hope you all had a fantastic and safe holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your pictures, I realized that I am thankful to live so close to my family. It seems strange to me to have so few people at Thanksgiving dinner. (I'm not trying to be rude. It's just very different than what I'm used to. There are nine people in my family, so even it was just us, there would have more people. And we always make enough noise for at leat 30!)

    Either way, it's a good time reflect on the blessings we have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete