Near the end of our trip to California me and the family decided to hit the beach! The last time I had been to a beach was back in ‘88 - Huntington Beach. This time my family and I went to Santa Monica beach, on November 19th 2005. It was fun visiting Santa Monica in general because Josh had served part of his mission here, so for him it was a nice reunion. He showed us various places in the city, the highlight being Santa Monica beach.
I don’t know what it is about the beach, what makes it seem so peaceful, so pure and pleasant. But I can certainly understand why people love to visit the beach, or even live near the beach.
I remember looking out beyond the sands of the beach, seeing the waves of the ocean extending endlessly. It made me think of eternity. And the sand on the beach reminded me of something I’ve heard many times in church, about there being worlds created without number, like grains of sand.
Me and Mom on Santa Monica Beach
We stayed at the beach long enough to see the sun set, which was just another indescribable moment of beauty and wonderment.



Beautiful post, Jem! Love you!!
ReplyDelete