Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Casino Royale

Day 167

Today's pictures, including this, are taken from my scrapbook page

On November 18th 2006 I attended another Progressive Year End Event, and this year’s theme was something I hold near and dear to my heart…CASINO NIGHT!! As an avid fan of Las Vegas, of the whole casino milieu, I was really psyched up about this event. And what also had me psyched up about this event was that I was going with Jordan and Erin. The 3 Musketeers, so to speak! This was a perfect opportunity for us to hang out together and to get a taste of the Vegas lifestyle, as we would later go on 2 different trips to Vegas.

The invitation - cool, huh?!

Funnily enough, the night before this event Jordan, Erin and I went to the movies - we saw the just released James Bond movie Casino Royale (hence the title for this post, which was also the title for my journal entry).

Anyway, the three of us coordinated our outfits for the event and I think we looked quite snazzy and stylish! We arrived after 7 at the event, held at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. We had our pictures taken, which was a fun experience in itself. The three of us stood together near a piano, but to compensate for the height difference between the three of us Erin stood up on the piano, then had to crouch down a little so we'd all be at the same level. It may have been awkward but the end result was fantastic!


Then we opted to skip the buffet - I guess we were already bitten by the gambling bug, because we immediately went to the casino. Each of us was given $2000 worth of chips to gamble; at the end of the night we could purchase raffle tickets ($500 a ticket) to enter in the prize drawing.

As I recall, we played Texas Hold ‘Em and Black Jack and we had great success with Black Jack, which was my favorite card game to play. Now I know that I shouldn’t encourage or promote gambling, as that really isn’t supported by the church, but since this was play money I rationalized that it was perfectly OK. And I had a blast!

At the end of the night I was able to buy something like 6 raffle tickets, and Jordan and Erin had 8; unfortunately, none of us ended up winning a prize. But the experience was fun just the same! I gambled on having a good time that night and it paid off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment