A souvenir t-shirt from Universal Studios
After Jordan and Erin got married they went on a honeymoon to California; as it turned out, at the same time the rest of the family also went to California for a vacation! But don’t worry, because we did not interfere with the honeymooners. We did see Jordan and Erin occasionally, but for the most part the family did their own thing. And it was a truly memorable, fun trip!
When my family (parents, Jaimee and Daniel, Josh and Karen and baby Savannah) and I took this trip to sunny California one of the first places we visited was Universal Studios; for a movie buff like me this was like an Elvis fan visiting Graceland. We went together on Friday November 18th 2005, on a beautiful day (but then again, aren’t all days beautiful in California?)
I was really excited about seeing Universal Studios, getting all caught up in the thrills and excitement of movie memorabilia - this really appealed to me! There were many sights to see, rides to ride, tours to take. At one point the whole family was able to take a tour of various sets: there was the infamous Bates’ House from Psycho; there was also the Wisteria Lane set from Desperate Housewives (and we even caught a glimpse of a guest actor from the show!)
Here are some pictures from this day:
“We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
Here’s a picture of me, “Bruce” (the notorious shark from the movie Jaws) and Mom.
I love our expressions!
Me, standing in front of a collage of some famous movies from Universal Studios, including one of my favorites - Charade - and one movie that I just couldn’t stand - Waterworld (do I really need to elaborate on that?!)
“Are you telling me that you built a time machine…out of a DeLorean?!”
How appropriate that I’d have this picture of me standing next to Doc Brown’s time machine from Back To The Future, as the movie is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year!
This last picture is of me and the family, getting ready to watch a special stunt show at Universal Studios. This was near the end of the day, which is why we all seem so tired. But it was a great day just the same!




Love that picture of me in the wheelchair.. Ugh I was so sick. :P But I still had fun because I was with so many people I LOVE!! We need to do Universal again sometime... :)
ReplyDelete