Friday, March 18, 2011

Bring On The Madness

Day 288
I’ve previously mentioned that when it comes to sports in general I know zilch, squat, nil! And my interest in most sports is zilch, squat, nil! I do enjoy watching The Super Bowl (although it’s mainly so that I can watch the commercials), and I have enjoyed watching BYU basketball this season - I’ve been “Jimmered!” But the only time I really get interested in sports is at this time of year, “March Madness”, AKA the NCAA Basketball Championship!



I actually enjoy basketball - watching, not playing! My brother Josh is an excellent player and I’ve been to many of his church basketball games! And I actually understand the sport; the concept is pretty basic and easy to follow. There are some terms that will go over my head (like traveling), but I can still enjoy the game.

Anyway, for the past few years my dad has had the family participate in a friendly little “pool” - everyone participating completes a bracket from the first round to the Sweet 16 to the Great 8 to the Final Four and then the big finish! This year the family is doing something a little different: we’re doing an online NCAA March Madness bracket group (with the option to contribute $5.00 to the “pool”) I am definitely excited about doing this, especially since it will be as a family. I don’t expect to win, but I enjoy the competition just the same!

And here is my bracket/my predictions for the 2011 NCAA Basketball Championship:

[Technically, March Madness kicked off on the 17th, but I wrote
this post on Sunday the 13th - I promise!]
 

2 comments:

  1. I like to fill out the brackets even though I don't know what I am doing.

    And I am sorry that you got jimmered. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jeremy ... The only time I really like "movies" during the year is for the Oscars so your enjoyment of basketball being tied to March Madness is completely acceptable!

    @ Matt ... there ain't nothin' wrong with bein' Jimmered! Especially not this year! Let it happen my cousin, my friend. Let it happen. :)

    ReplyDelete