Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Madness Update

Day 294



The regionals kick off today and at this point my bracket picks are pretty much all jacked up now (probably like everyone else!) Of my Final Four picks I have 3 teams left, so I’m still in the game, so to speak. I have been told time and time again by my dad that there are always upsets and you have to try and anticipate them, but how do you predict an upset?! Isn’t that why it is called an upset? Well, yes, that and the fact that when it happens you get very UPSET!

My current bracket standings - lots of upsets!

I don’t know a heckuva lot about basketball, but I honestly didn’t figure that a #8 Seed like Butler would be able to defeat a #1 Seed like Pittsburgh! Based on the others involved in our pool it seems that no one expected that. So, at least I’m not alone in suffering.

I am thrilled that BYU has advanced and I hope they succeed tonight! Jimmer Fredette is an amazing player, but I am equally impressed with the rest of the team. Talk about team work! I hope they keep it going and avoid the “Nephite Pride Cycle.

1 comment:

  1. The scriptures mention nothing about how the Nephites would have defended the three ... but I am sure it would have worked better than what BYU did against FL last night! :(

    ReplyDelete