Another example of artwork from my elementary school days.
I included kites because people would often fly kites in March, a kick-off to Spring.
There’s an old saying that March “comes in like a lion, out like a lamb” which I think has to do with the weather, as Spring is supposed to be just around the corner, and I hope that is true!
Anyway, here’s what is coming up in March:
There’s “March Madness” for all those college basketball fans; there’s Daylight Savings Time on March 13th, where we will be “springing ahead” (which means we lose an hour, darn it!); Sunday March 20th is technically the first day of spring, although here in Colorado Springs I’ve learned to accept the fact that we can expect more snow in March and April; and March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day and it’ll be time to wear green (my favorite color!) Oh, and for many kids in school there’s Spring Break to look forward to this month, whereas the rest of us will just have another month of work. Oh joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment