Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In My Room

Day 286

I lived in Greeley, Colorado from 1989 to 1995. I had my own bedroom, which was down in the basement. Josh had his room next to mine, and between our rooms was a little room, with a shower and a toilet. There was a sliding door on each side, which reminded me of the bathroom the kids shared on The Brady Bunch. Except that they didn’t have a toilet…hmm, what was that all about?!

Anyway, in our house in Greeley all of the bedrooms had a sink, which was very convenient! My sink was always cluttered with my contact supplies (saline solution, contact case). Once again, I need to point out that Josh was a great roommate, even when we weren’t sharing a room. I don’t think we ever had any issues with sharing the bathroom. We were both respectful of each other, not taking a lot of time in the shower or leaving towels or clothes on the floor.


In my room I had the unique experience of having a water bed! This was not my original bed, mind you, as it had previously belonged to my parents. But the house in Greeley had a bed post built into the master bedroom so they couldn’t have the water bed there. Looking back on that now I feel a little strange about having a water bed. It was a cool novelty at the time, but not something I’d want to have now!


Just like my old room in the Rigby house, this room had a built in desk. A great place for me to do my homework or write in my journal. I was able to keep all of my journals on the bottom shelf of my bookshelf. But, that was back when I had only 8 or 9. These days my journals are in a cabinet.

I was able to decorate the room in my own way, so I had several “Mormon Ad” posters on display. These were really positive and inspirational. I also had several movie star pictures surrounding my walls - typical of a movie fan!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Cool pics bro! I forgot how those rooms looked and the fact that you had the waterbed in your room. Ahhh memories! Like trying to drain that stupid thing when we moved out! :)

    ReplyDelete