Sunday, March 13, 2011

It’s Time To Spring Forward

Day 283

Here’s yet another random post.



Did you remember to set your clocks forward one hour? Yep, it’s that time again - Daylight Saving Time, that is. I’m not going to pretend I know why we participate in this ritual or what benefit it is to us. It doesn’t make any sense to me, but that doesn’t prevent me from going along with it.

I’m that type of person - the one that just goes along with whatever the majority is doing. I’m not brave or inventive enough to stand apart, to tear away from tradition or “the norm.” I applaud those states that do not observe Daylight Saving Time (way to take a stand Hawaii!), but I’m not so dead-set against Daylight Saving Time that I’m planning on moving to a state that doesn’t observe it.


It took me awhile to get the concept right, but I will always remember it as “spring forward, fall back” so this time around we all spring forward an hour; and doesn’t this mean that we lose an hour now? But what about in the fall, when we turn back the clocks one hour? Are we gaining an hour or just evening things out?

Like I’ve previously mentioned, I just don’t get it! But I don’t mind it; I guess I look at it as just one of those things that you have to do in life, like learn math or pay taxes. Although, it is going to be rough for the next few days when I wake up at 7 am and my body knows that it is actually 6 am!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! "Like learning math or paying taxes!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conformity isn't always bad ... would you rather be a "lost sheep" or a true follower of the "good shepherd"? :)

    ReplyDelete