It’s been awhile since I posted a family picture so here are two from the same year.
I had previously posted about the ‘94 Case Family Reunion, which took place in Nauvoo, Illinois. During the reunion my family had the opportunity to have some pictures taken.
This first photo was taken on a Sunday, with all of the different relatives hanging around at the time. People took turns having their family picture taken (by other relatives), and at times it felt like we were surrounded by our own paparazzi, with numerous people snapping away at us! As a result, not all of us were in our best positions or smiling at the exact time, but it was still a great experience!
This next photo was taken during our last day of the reunion, and it was taken at a place of historical and religious significance: Carthage Jail. In fact, my family posed right outside of the window where the prophet and first president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Joseph Smith, was shot by members of a mob and fell to his death on June 26th 1844.
It was a very somber experience to be at this place, but having all of my family together reminded me of the blessings that come through the restored Gospel, specifically that families are eternal - we can be sealed together for time and all eternity. I am so grateful for that!


I still have that letter and pictures you sent to my on my mission from when you went to Nauvoo.
ReplyDeleteGood pictures, good memories. Thanks for reminding me that I need to blog some about PAST experiences and not just "life as I know it today."
ReplyDelete