Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Am The Elephant

Day 289


The other day several members of my family took an online personality quiz; this particular quiz came from a book called Surviving Your Serengeti and the quiz was about what animal you are. Well, I took the quiz and…do I really have to tell you what animal I am? Just read the title of the post…ah ha, there you go! Good job!

The quiz consisted of about 21 questions; with each question you would read the statement; for example: “Fear doesn’t keep me from taking risks”; then you decide if you agree or disagree with it, ranking it on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 if you strongly disagree and 10 if you strongly agree).


I promptly finished the quiz and within seconds learned that I was The Communicating Elephant. I received an e-mail with detailed information about this particular animal and what it all means. The Communicating Elephant is “skilled at both listening to and hearing the other person” and “understands how critical both verbal and non-verbal exchanges are.”

My family agreed with this description of my personality, and I felt that their animals and descriptions fit their personalities. For example, my dad is The Enduring Wildebeest, someone who “has resilience, or the ability to bounce back from adversity” and is "adept at changing conditions and responding to setbacks and pressures from multiple directions.So true! My mom is The Efficient Cheetah, someone “who searches for the most efficient way to achieve a goal without wasting energy by adapting to varying situations” and who “schedules the day, prioritizes every task.So true!

A few other members of my family have taken this quiz and the results have been fascinating and fitting! I’m extending an invitation to my other family members (hint, hint Josh and Karen!) and anyone else to take this quiz. Anyone interested can go to the following website and take the quiz (which can be completed in just a few minutes):

1 comment:

  1. I just took the quiz and I am a Communicating Elephant too! Great minds MUST think alike!

    ReplyDelete