Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In My Room

Day 293


For my last “In My Room” post here is a picture of my bedroom from 1996, in Colorado Springs. After living in an apartment in Greeley for a few months my sister Jaimee and I moved back home with our parents. They had moved to Colorado Springs in the summer of ‘95. The basement was unfinished, but my dad tirelessly worked on completing it. He worked so hard and did a fantastic job.

Note the similarities between my room from 1986 and my room from 1996

My room turned out great! I was able to pick out the carpet for my room, so I went with my favorite color green. The set up of the room resembled my room in Orem, such as the position of my bed (up against the wall near the window) and having my Star Wars poster in the same location. I had subconsciously attempted to recreate my old room - my way of reliving the past, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just glad that you are not wearing the same shorts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, this post was good ... but if there was an award for the best part of it, I have to give the nod to Matt's comment! Those shorts (a style that we ALL wore) are hideous! :)

    Interesting how a decade later we still like the same kinds of things and the same set-up in our rooms. Cool!

    ReplyDelete