Another random post.
Growing up, one of the things I used to do was color pages in coloring books. It was something me and my siblings loved to do; and it was something my mom must have appreciated, because it kept us occupied, quiet and out of trouble! Over the years my mom has built up quite a collection of coloring books, which her grandchildren are now able to enjoy.
So why is my post entitled “Off-Color” Coloring Books? Did my mother purchase inappropriate coloring books? Of course not! Absolutely not! Let me explain, though.
First, I need to point out that I have a very warped, weird sense of humor. Sometimes I will be in hysterics over the most stupid things and no one else sees the humor. And sometimes I will get these silly, stupid ideas that I think are so hilarious. One time I got this silly idea to take some of my old coloring books and write silly, inappropriate things on the pages. Actually, my idea stemmed from my sister Jaimee, who I believe was the first one in our family to do this, when she wrote stuff in one of her Barbie coloring books. And she wrote some funny stuff! It cracked me up and inspired me!
Well, I found several coloring books, looked through the pages and let my warped, immature mind go wild! I made some very “off-color” remarks and jokes on these sweet, innocent coloring book pages. What’s most fun about this is that I’ve been able to go back and look at some of the things I’ve done and I still find it all very funny, very twisted and bizarre. I probably shouldn’t share this out in the open, as my loved ones may lose whatever little respect they had for me, and they may begin to question my sanity. But I might as well just go with the flow. Hope you will enjoy these and not be offended or shocked!
What can I say? I'm one very sick, warped person! With a very sick, warped sense of humor!




I got behind in reading your blog!! LOVED this post... I need to dig out the Barbie books that we did and scan a few of those pages... remember Barbie's 'stupid' friend Cindy who went to the wrong class!?!?! :P Love you and your sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteThat last one made me laugh!
ReplyDelete