Tuesday, January 25, 2011

“…and I am outta here!”

Day 237
As I write this it is technically still Day 236, but since I’ll be traveling on Wednesday I won’t be able to post on my blog; but I am committed to doing 365 blog posts, so I won’t miss a single one, no matter what!


As mentioned before, I am going to be in Orlando, Florida for the next week, with my parents, my brother Jordan and his wife Erin. It is going to be an awesome trip! All right, no more bragging. I know that it always annoys me when someone goes on and on about their vacation while I’m facing the old job day in and day out!

In preparation for the trip I’ve already written up my posts for the next week, and when I return I’ll be able to blog all about my time in Orlando (you’ve been warned!)



Anyway, before I forget to mention it I did watch the 83rd Academy Award nominations on TV this morning at 6:30. I had my predictions in hand and I was able to see how well I predicted. And the results?

I ended up averaging about 90% in the categories I predicted. I was 100% accurate in only one category: Best Actress. As for Best Picture I got 9 out of 10; Best Director - 4 out of 5; Best Actor - 4 out of 5; Best Supporting Actor - 4 out of 5; Best Supporting Actress - 4 out of 5 (notice the trend here!) Overall, I am very happy with the nominations. I was very happy that The Social Network and Inception each earned 8 nominations, while True Grit (another awesome movie) earned 10!

Well, this post is turning into more of a journal entry. Time to sign off and get to bed - I have to be up at 4 a.m.(!) in order to be able to leave by 5 a.m. to get to the airport by 6 a.m. for the 8 a.m. flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment