At this time I would like to “borrow” a blog post idea that has been used by some of my fellow bloggers, and I give them full credit for this, and I thank them for this, as I had no idea what to blog about today. Thanks to you guys!
Anyway, for Christmas I got a brand new iPod from my family and I absolutely love it! I’ve been able to download some of my favorite songs onto it, although I have a long, long way to go. One thing I really enjoy with the iPod is the ‘shuffle’ mode, because I’ll get the most random song selections.
This is the idea that I am “borrowing” from my fellow bloggers: making a list of the first few songs that are played during the shuffle mode. So here we go…time to turn on the iPod, select ‘shuffle’ and here comes the first song:
“Arrow Through Me” by Paul McCartney & Wings.
* This song was played during the opening credits of the Chevy Chase/Benji movie Oh, Heavenly Dog! It’s a cute comedy, but what I remember most about the movie is the opening song. I love that it was performed by Paul McCartney & Wings (awesome!)
“Two To Tango” by Vanessa Daou
* Several years ago there was this cool radio station (105.5FM) that I always listened to on my way to work that played smooth jazz music. For me, this was the perfect music to listen to on the long drive to work; although I know that this isn’t for everyone. This song was played all the time and became one of my favorite smooth jazz tunes.
“Reflections” by Diana Ross And The Supremes
* This song is connected to one of my favorite TV dramas, China Beach. It was used as the theme song for this show, so whenever I hear the song I am reminded of this great show. But I also love this song because I love a lot of the music from the 1960s. What a great era for music!
“Feeling Alright” by Joe Cocker
* Moving from the 1960s to the 1970s, here’s a tune from 1972. It’s a great song to rock out to and never fails to get me moving around a little. It’s definitely one of my “jams!” And Joe Cocker has such a raspy, one-of-a-kind voice!
“I Remember Holding You” by Boys Club
* Ah, a tune from my beloved ‘80s! This song was released in 1988, during my 9th grade year of school, and it was often played at the school dances. Whenever I hear this song I think of the crowded auditorium, standing around and trying to work up the nerve to ask a cute ninth grader girl to dance.
Well, that was actually quite fun! I’ll have to do this again!





No comments:
Post a Comment