Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday Tunes Shuffle

Day 236

I should have been doing these posts a long time ago - they are fun and easy to do! Anyway, I’ve got my iPod out, have selected the ‘shuffle mode’ so here we go again:

Stone Love” by Kool And The Gang


* A great song from the ‘80s, which is connected to a very specific memory of when I lived in Rigby, Idaho. I remember listening to this song on the car radio on the way from my house to the hospital for my physical therapy (after my accident).

One Less Bell To Answer” by The 5th Dimension


* This is a great song from 1970. My mom had their album (you know, one of those big flat discs that people used to listen to before CDs) and she played it when I was a kid and I ended up loving this beautiful song.

Radar” by Britney Spears


* I’m not ashamed to admit that I like a couple of Britney Spears songs, and this is one of them. The first time I heard this was when I was riding in the car with Jordan and Erin. They liked this song and would sing along to it, and soon I joined in on the chorus. Silly fun!

Where Or When” by Diana Krall


* Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong time, because I have such an affinity for the classic songs of the ‘30s, ‘40s and ‘50s. I am a big fan of Diana Krall, as she performs a lot of these classics with a current, contemporary sound, like this beautiful song.

Running” by David Archuleta


* I was bummed out when David Archuleta lost to David Cook on American Idol in Season 7, but I was glad that he was still able to record his own album. And this was one of my favorite songs from his debut album.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to listen to some of these sometime ... I do believe your music tastes are even more eclectic than mine. Sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete