Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thank Heaven For 2011

Day 212

More artwork from my elementary school days

Welcome to 2011! A brand new year, a year with a clean slate, ready to be lived (hopefully for the better!) It’s nice to be able to start over, to start fresh and have 12 new months with which to make the most!

Naturally, there will be those individuals with a self-imposed list of resolutions, of promises they hope to keep, of changes they hope to make, of plans they hope to fulfill.

Others will think of resolutions, of things they want to change or improve upon, but nothing is set in stone or official; rather than rules these resolutions become more like “guidelines.” [I’m paraphrasing a favorite movie: Pirates Of The Caribbean]

I applaud anyone who makes the effort to come up with resolutions and I give a standing ovation to anyone who accomplishes even just one of their resolutions! It ain’t easy! Which is why I avoid making an official list…although I am going to make a list of “possible resolutions” on my blog. As with striving for perfection, I will strive to live up to these resolutions, but I won’t expect myself to do them all. That’s what eternity is for!

I resolve:

* to continue posting daily on my blog until my 365 day deadline of June 4th 2011. Afterwards, I resolve to at least post weekly on my blog.

* to floss everyday. I hope this doesn’t gross anyone out, but I hate to floss and I have a difficult time doing this daily. But I don’t want to lose my teeth or have 20 root canals, so I need to improve on my dental hygiene!

* to exercise. And by exercise, I mean going back to my routine on the treadmill. I had a good habit going back when I was unemployed, but now I use work as an excuse to not exercise. But any exercise is better than nothing, so I resolve to go back to this and make this a habit!

* to write. I have had so many ideas for stories and I’ve actually taken the time to type up my ideas for plot lines and characters - I even created book covers! But now I need to get serious and start developing these ideas and characters.

* to read the scriptures daily. In 2010 I finished The Book of Mormon (my 9th time), only to stop reading the scriptures altogether. This year I am teaching the New Testament in Sunday School, so I resolve to read the New Testament this year!

There’s my Top 5 resolutions. There are other things I resolve to do (or continue doing), but they are of a more personal nature, and therefore are on a more serious commitment level! So there you have it! For me and anyone else making resolutions for 2011, let me just say GOOD LUCK!!

2 comments:

  1. You will do great on your resolutions. I'm a little sad I only have six or so months left of your daily blogging... but I am so proud of you for doing it and deciding to continue doing it weekly when you're done! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very alike. Most of your resolutions are the same as mine! :)

    ReplyDelete