It's time for another random post! At the end of last week there was a bit of news that caught my attention: apparently there has been a huge discovery/change with the astrological signs and now we have a 13th sign, which has caused all sorts of restructuring with the current Zodiac signs.
I’m not a huge believer in astrology, but I will check out my horoscope every now and then, just for kicks and giggles. I know what my sign is (Cancer) and some of the aspects connected with this sign, but I don’t put all of my faith and belief into this system. For me, it’s just a fun little novelty (no disrespect to anyone who is devoted to astrology and Zodiac signs).
Anyway, when the news announced a big change to the whole system I read all about it online and here’s what I found out:
The new sign is called Ophiuchus, which means “serpent holder” (yuck!) and incorporates the birth dates of November 29th to December 17th, which means that the entire structure has changed to the following:
Capricorn: January 20th to February 16th
Aquarius: February 16th to March 11th
Pisces: March 11th to April 18th
Aries: April 18th to May 13th
Taurus: May 13th to June 21st
Gemini: June 21st to July 20th
Cancer: July 20th to August 10th
Leo: August 10th to September 16th
Virgo: September 16th to October 30th
Libra: October 30th to November 23rd
Scorpio: November 23rd to November 29th
Ophiuchus: November 29th to December 17th
Sagittarius: December 17th to January 20th
So what does this all mean? I have no clue! I don’t understand why there is a 13th sign now, how that came to be and how the name was determined. Here’s all that I really care about: I am no longer a Cancer…now I’m a Gemini. OK. I guess I can get used to that, and in a way it does fit me now because my nickname is Jem, and that kind of ties in with Gemini, right? Maybe I’m grasping at straws here, but I guess I’m just trying to adjust to this. Whether you fervently believe in this, casually acknowledge this or couldn’t care less about it…well, it is what it is!

I saw this last week too. Daniel stayed a Virgo but now I'm a Leo and Casey is a Sagittarius now instead of Capricorn and Teah is a Taurus (bullheaded she is!!) instead of a Gemini. So weird. I know nothing about Leos...
ReplyDeleteI had a good run as a Cancer.
ReplyDeleteVirgos of old (but especially those that STAYED put) RULE !!! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren's a Cancer now though ... hope that's not a bad omen!