There’s just something about a good set of wheels that gets you in the mood to go for a drive. And when I was younger I had an awesome set of wheels that allowed me to cruise all over the place…or at least around the deck of my house and the cul-de-sac near my house in Orem.
Big Wheels were THE thing in the early 1980s, and for my birthday one year I got this awesome Cobra Big Wheel! I loved riding on this and I even took to school one time. I remember that it was on Field Day - the last day of school - and there was a Big Wheel race. It was a blast!
This was another Big Wheel that my family had:
I love this picture of Josh and Jaimee - Jaimee’s expression is priceless!!
I also remember the smaller-sized “wheels” I used to play with, namely Hot Wheels. These were so cool and I remember that me and my siblings had a very large collection; in fact, most of these cars are still around, for the grandkids/nephews and nieces to play with and enjoy! One of my favorite Hot Wheels cars was this one:
These “Crack Up” Hot Wheels cars were so cool! I had this exact car, and the front could be “cracked” and then the hood popped up. I also had a silver “Crack Up” car, and on this one the driver’s side door would “crack.”
Another popular car toy I remember playing with was the “wind-up” cars, like this one! I was a big fan of The Dukes of Hazard and I loved their car, the General Lee. This wind-up car is still around, still being played with by the grandkids/nephews and nieces.




No comments:
Post a Comment