Years and years ago my dad had a ‘57 Chevy Bel Air that he just adored; unfortunately, it was sold and he felt lost without it for many years. I am dramatizing this just a bit, but Dad did love this car. And when my family lived in Orem, Utah Dad was able to buy and fully restore another ‘57 Chevy Bel Air.
For months the garage was occupied with this car, in various degrees of completion. I remember that the engine was hung up from huge chains for quite awhile, as it needed all sorts of work done. And there were car parts spread out all over the garage. I can only imagine how it made my mom feel.
And then one day all of the work was done and this was the finished product:
Awesome!! Dad did such an amazing job on the car! It was so cool! I remember when he would take it out for a drive and me and my siblings were able to join in the ride. It was so much fun!
Jaimee and Jordan pose in front of Dad's '57 Chevy
In the summer of ‘86 when my dad was being transferred by SEARS to the Idaho Falls store he took his ‘57 Chevy there. Josh and I were able to go out and stay with him for awhile and I remember how fun it was to ride in the ‘57 Chevy from Orem to Rigby.
Sadly, there came a time when the ‘57 Chevy had to be sold…it was hard to let go of this car, but I’m sure it was even more difficult for my dad, after all of the hours and hard work he invested in this car. But it was a great ride while it lasted!


Your timing is impeccable... I was just talking to Marianne about Dad's '57 Chev yesterday... I didn't have any pictures to show her but I will direct her to your blog so she can see it!! :) Love and miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics and some fun memories too brother! Thanks!
ReplyDelete