Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sibling Revelry: “The Shoe Tree”

Day 234

I seem to recall that my sister Jaimee posted on her blog about the famous Shoe Tree that once existed in Greeley, Colorado. I found these two great pictures of me and my siblings at this “landmark” - Greeley’s answer to the Eiffel Tower, I suppose!

I’m not sure how this all came about, but I remember that me and my family would often drive past the tree, observing the numerous assortment of shoes that had been attached to the tree. Usually there would be pairs of shoes, but there were also several “lone” shoes on the tree - this was a great way to dispose of one shoe if you no longer had the complete pair.


Anyway, here’s a picture of me, Jaimee and Jordan at the tree. I love Jordan’s expression/pose in this picture: it looks like the tree is trying to steal Jordan’s shoe!


Not wanting to exclude my brother Josh, here’s a great picture of him making a “contribution” to the tree. I think this was taken before he left on his mission; it was his way of leaving his (foot) mark before leaving for L.A. for the next 2 years.

I haven’t been back to Greeley in many, many years, but I heard that the “Shoe Tree” was cut down. I guess "the other shoe fell."

1 comment:

  1. I'd never seen that picture of Josh... awesome! I didn't realize that anyone in our family contributed to the tree. So glad you had this to share!

    ReplyDelete