This is it…I promise! The last post about my trip to Orlando. For those of you who have actually read my past posts this week and have lived to see another day I commend you!
This is one of my favorite photos of me and Jordan! And what a beautiful background!
Anyway, on our last full day in Orlando - Saturday January 12th 2008 - Jordan, Erin and I went to Sea World. Jordan and I had previously seen Sea World back in the summer of ‘88, when the family went to California. And that was quite the experience, as we were all in our shorts and tank tops and practically froze to death at Sea World. Gee, I guess it had something to do with the fact that we were constantly around water!
But our experience at Florida’s Sea World was different: nobody felt frozen! It was a lot of fun, seeing all the cool exhibits, learning all about penguins, polar bears, and the various forms of sea life. And then there were the dolphins! I remember that Erin was particularly enamored with dolphins.
The beginning of the big show
Then there was the big show featuring…SHAMU! There was this cool little song that was performed at the beginning of the show and everyone in the audience got to sing along while pointing their hands together and raising their arms, chanting “Shamu, Shamu!” There were all sorts of cool tricks, brilliantly choreographed and presented.
Jordan and Erin after the ride - "You shoulda gone with us, Jeremy!"
I enjoyed my time at Sea World, but I do have one regret: there was a roller coaster ride there that I could have gone on, but I totally wussed out! Jordan and Erin, the brave souls that they are, went on this ride without any hesitation. But I stayed behind, watching it from the safety of the ground. That’s me…always looking, never trying, never doing, never living!
Me and "Free Willy?"
It was a great day, though, and a great way to wrap up this trip to Orlando, Florida. And I’m so excited that I’ll get to go back in just a few weeks!
I've enjoyed reading your posts... don't be too hard on yourself about not riding a roller coaster. I'm getting wary of them as I get older. :P I'm guessing that the Shamu show didn't have an obnoxious silent clown before the show like the one we saw in '88???
ReplyDelete