Sunday, January 30, 2011

Remembering Kate The Great

Day 241


Today is the anniversary of the birthday of my beloved great-grandmother Kate Miller Anhder (my grandfather’s mother). She was born on January 30th 1896 and died on July 12th 1987.


Not everyone has the opportunity to know their great-grandparents, so it was a blessing for me that I was able to know my Great-Grandma Anhder. She was such a sweet, kind woman and I remember how much fun it was when my family would visit her.


I remember one time when we visited her and I got stung by a bee on my leg. It hurt like the dickens and Great-Grandma Anhder suggested that I get a little pack of mud and place it on my leg where I was stung to help with the pain; and it actually helped relieve the pain.


I remember how small and fragile she seemed, and yet she was completely alert and warm and friendly. The visits my family had with her were always fun and special. I just wish that I had paid more attention to the conversations that Great-Grandma Anhder and my mom had - I probably would have heard some great stories about my grandpa and about what my mom was like as a little girl.

Great-Grandma Anhder, thank you for being so sweet to me and my siblings. I always enjoyed coming to your house to visit and you always made us feel welcome. I miss you and love you. I am grateful for the fact that families can be together forever and that we will all be reunited someday.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post.... love you.... can you guys hurry back from Florida?? I miss you guys!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete