Monday, January 10, 2011

JCC In FLA

Day 221

This is a special “theme” week for my blog; every day this week I will be blogging about the trip I took with Jordan and Erin to Orlando, Florida in January 2008. What’s cool about this trip down memory lane is that in a few weeks we’ll be going back to Orlando (along with my parents) and I am so excited about the trip! I had such a blast in Florida 3 years ago and I am glad I have the opportunity to come back.

Anyway, I flew out to Florida on Wednesday evening, January 9th 2008. This was my first time flying all by myself, and while I wasn’t nervous about flying I was a little nervous about being on my own. I had this fear that I would end up sitting next to someone who would talk to me during the entire flight, or else I’d be stuck with someone afraid of flying and making me feel jumpy in the process! Luckily, I had a quiet person next to me who never invaded my personal space!

Jordan and Erin picked me up at the airport. They had been in Orlando all week for the SEARS Dealer-Fest/Hometown Celebration, which was a big to-do for owners/operators of SEARS dealer stores. I arrived just when this convention had ended, so the three of us could go out and have fun in Florida!




Jordan and Erin were staying at this unbelievably gorgeous hotel called The Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel. I didn’t realize just how beautiful the hotel was until I saw it in daylight, the following morning on Thursday January 10th.




These pictures don’t be begin to do justice to this hotel or to Florida for that matter; but trust me, it was incredible! There was a fantastic view from the hotel room, and the room itself was so classy. Jordan and Erin were very kind to let me share the room with them, and it was large enough that we didn’t get in each other’s way. Great roommates!!

Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post, entitled...
“Welcome To Dumbo"

No comments:

Post a Comment