Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cars: “Wagon Days”

Day 217

Since I still have something like 148 days left on this blog challenge (man, I don’t know if I’ll make it!) I am going to have to get a little more creative with blog post ideas. Once again, I’m using scanned pictures as a way to inspire an idea, and this time I have several photos of cars my family has had over the years. And there it is…my inspiration!! ‘Ding’ goes the light bulb above my head!

Me and Josh - we should've been wearing our seatbelts!!

In the early days my family had a couple of station wagons. This big brown wagon was the first and to a five year-old it felt like a limo! Anyway, this was a great vehicle to take on long road trips, like the one in this picture when we went up to the canyon near Provo, Utah. I also remember that we would take the station wagon to the drive-in; it was ideal, because we could all stretch out in the back to watch the movie!

I think this was taken in front of my Aunt Margo's house...

A few years later we got a different station wagon: white, somewhat smaller and definitely more stylish (no offense to “Big Brown). Once again, this was an ideal car for those long road trips, and at this point we were a family of six, so the extra room was necessary! I remember I used to get into the back and look through the rear window, watching the street and focusing on the broken white lines and the long yellow lines as we traveled. Those were the good ol’ wagon days!!

2 comments:

  1. What?!?! No pictures of the Ark?!?!?! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man! I totally agree with Jaimee! Case's Ark was THE BEST station wagon ... hands down!!!
    But the other key point to keep in mind is that with that first picture, I think you and I did that WHILE the car was driving. Forget seat belts! That's how you "thin out the herd" right?! :)

    ReplyDelete