Day 240
Today’s title comes from a funny song that was sung during a Saturday Night Live skit with Mike Myers. He played a little boy from England named Simon and he would be in his bathtub singing “Well, you know my name is Simon and I like to do drawrings.” - his British accent made drawings sound like drawrings. Funny sketch!
Anyway, today’s post features more of my fantastic…ahem, I mean fair drawings from my school days. Enjoy (and please don’t be too critical because I am very sensitive about my art…just kidding!):
In 8th grade my first class period of the day was Art, and I loved this class! We would often be given an assignment to sketch a copy of a painting or picture. The picture would be placed on an easel at the front of the room and then we’d sketch it. I felt like I did a very good job with this drawing and it was confirmed by my teacher when he gave me a 10 out of 10 on it!
In the 11th grade I took another Art class and I would often draw faces like this one. Looking at it now I see the flaws and realize that my drawing has improved since then (I don’t know what was up with the eyes - and why was the chin so small and pointed?!)
That same year I drew this sketch of my shoes and got an ‘A’ on it from my teacher. I was really happy with the results of this sketch, especially since I really don’t like doing still life artwork.
Your "drawrings" have always impressed me brother!
ReplyDeleteBut don't be lookin' at me bum you cheeky monkey! :)