One thing that I loved to do as a kid was to spend some time on a swing set. I loved the thrill of swinging back and forth, soaring higher and higher, watching my feet seemingly touch the clouds in the sky. Would I break away and fly off into that deep blue ceiling? Would that ticklish feeling in my stomach ever subside? And would I ever want it to?
I was able to find a cool collection of me and my siblings, enjoying a little “swing time.”
This first picture is of me and Jaimee, in the summer of 1981. This was taken in the backyard of our home in Orem, Utah. During the summer me and my siblings played outside as much as possible and one thing we loved to do was swing! In this picture I look like I’m about to swing my butt into the fence! I never did, though!
This is a “glorious black & white” photo of Josh and I, taken in ‘79 or ‘80 in the backyard of our Uncle Dwayne and Aunt Betty's house in Orem. I’m the one with my back towards the camera, while Josh is the one about to swing, although he looks more like he’s about to rip the seat off and hit someone with it (like me!)
And now I’ve got a picture of Jordan on a swing, with Jaimee! This was taken at the Case Family Reunion in 1997 in Vernal, Utah. I remember that at one point all of us Case cousins had taken a turn on the swings, even the cousins that were married with kids. I guess we all wanted to be kids again that day, and what better way than to spend some time on a swing set!
I know this post is supposed to be about me and my siblings, but I wanted to include these last two pictures of just me on a swing set. The first one is somewhat embarrassing for me (because of those gosh-awful plaid pants!) but the second one is even more embarrassing for me (because…well, just look at me!) Hope you have a good laugh at my expense!




Loved this post... I remember swinging on the swings in Utah and we'd hit our feet against the fence to push off to go even higher!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Jeremy! Nice comment Jaim! I remember doing that too. I am sure I'll appreciate this pics even more as I get older and my kids start asking what I was like at their age! :)
ReplyDelete