Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Vail Of A Tale

Day 216


After living in Colorado - the quote/end quote “Snow Capitol Of The Nation - for 20 years I finally went out to one of the resorts here. Yes, yours truly has never been to a ski/mountain resort (excluding my 6th grade trip to Clear Creek). It probably seems strange to anyone who lives in Colorado and possibly more so to anyone who doesn’t live in Colorado. What can I say? I’m weird!



Oh, but it gets weirder (or is that more weird?) because yours truly has also never been skiing before! Not once, and that will not change, not ever! However, a year ago today I did go to Vail, and while I did not ski I did go “tubing” with my brother Jordan, his wife Erin, Erin’s sister Kaylie and Erin’s mother Suzi.




It was so cool riding up the mountain; the view was absolutely breathtaking and awe inspiring! I loved looking down; sometimes I would get a tickle in my stomach, similar to the feeling you get on a roller coaster, only without the sense of speeding danger!


As for the “tubing” experience, I had a blast! Now, this candid snapshot of me on the inner tube may not convey the fun I had, but trust me I had FUN!! This was actually taken of my first “launch” on the tube, so I was a little wary, inexperienced and surprisingly out of breath. I think it was the combination of the altitude and the cold (it was freaking freezing!!) But I soon got the hang of “tubing” and had so much fun!


Jordan and the others were more adventuresome than me and would go down the more intense slope, while I was more comfortable on the safer slope. That’s me, always playing it safe!!

Anyway, I had so much fun and was grateful for the experience. After we left Vail we went to a nearby town to enjoy dinner at a well-known local pizza restaurant. I’m not going to advertise the name of this place, however, because while the pizza was good the service was not!! Me and my companions all agreed that it was the worst service any of us had ever experienced!!

Aside from the disappointing dining experience it was a great time, a great memory for me! Going “tubing” was a “tubular” experience - forgive the crappy pun!

No comments:

Post a Comment